When Seaside, CA residents need dependable, quick air conditioning repair, we hope you’ll call us. At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc we’re a family business that’s been serving residents since 1941. Our family has grown up around heating and air conditioning, so you know you’re getting highly trained, techs and professional quality work with every job.
Our Air Conditioning Services
- Air Conditioning Repairs and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installations and Replacements
- AC Filter Replacements
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Air Duct Cleaning and Repairs
- UV Air Sanitizers
Does your air conditioner need a tune up? Check out our air conditioner services page and let us ensure your system is ready to go when you need it most!
Broken AC? When to Call a Professional
We get it. No one likes to have to call in a repair technician into their home to fix their air conditioner or other appliance. It’s inconvenient and can make a mess. But sometimes, your air conditioner can’t be fixed without a specialist, and the longer you wait when something’s not right, the worse the problem can get. Here are 5 signs you need professional help with your air conditioner.
- Warm Air: Is your air conditioner blowing warm air or just not keeping you as cool as it once did? This needs fixing quickly to restore your comfort.
- Strange Noises: All air conditioners make noise, but if yours suddenly makes a grinding, whining or whirring sound, it’s a sign something is wrong and needs immediate attention.
- Inconsistent Temperature: Have you noticed one room is always cooler than the others? If so, it could be an issue with your thermostat. Call a professional to ensure you have even temperatures throughout the house.
- Poor Airflow: Is the airflow not as strong as it used to be? It could be an obstruction in your ductwork or a problem with the blower.
- Foul Air: Is your air moldy or musty smelling? It can be a serious health issue that needs to be addressed right away.
When Should You Get an AC Tuneup?
Most experts agree that it’s better to maintain your AC than to wait until something catastrophic happens. Keeping your system running well ensures that it’s always ready to go when you need it, and that it lasts for as long as possible.
The best thing you can do for your air conditioner is to perform maintenance and tuneups once a year in the spring to ensure your system is ready for the summer heat. Call your local air conditioner specialist and ask them to put you on a regular maintenance schedule.
Is your air conditioner over 15 years old? If so, it’s time to shop for a new one. Check out our air conditioner installations and call us for an estimate.
Repairing vs. Replacing Your Air Conditioner
Most of us would rather not spend the money on a new air conditioner, but sometimes it makes more economic sense than to continue to repair it. Most experts agree that if the cost of your repair is 50% or more than the cost of a new, get a new AC installation. Also, if your AC unit is over 15 years old, you’re better off getting a new, higher efficiency air conditioner.