When the weather outside is frightful, a warm home can be so delightful. However, the minute your heating system decides to take a break, you know you have a big problem on your hands. A broken heater isn’t just inconvenient; it’s downright dangerous in the Palm Desert, CA winter months. At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc, we are your reliable heating contractors. Not only can we offer repairs, but when the issues are severe enough, we also offer heater replacements and installations to get your home temperatures safe again.
Have a boiler? We can help with that too. Our heating contractors can work with all major appliances, ensuring you always have a technician to depend on.
Signs You Have a Heater Repair Issue
A heater is complex, and should always be serviced by a professional, but how do you know if it’s time for a repair? More often than not, your unit will give you plenty of warning signs, well before it stops working. As a homeowner, it’s essential that you know how to identify those issues.
Some common heater repair symptoms include:
- High Energy Costs: As your heater deteriorates, it’ll struggle to heat your home. The harder and longer it works, the more energy it consumes, doubling your utility costs and sometimes more in the winter season.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: Is your heater producing lukewarm air temperatures at best? If your unit can’t hit the set temperature on your thermostat, there’s a problem.
- Low Airflow: Are certain areas or rooms in your home getting little to no airflow? Poor circulation is a common sign that there’s a mechanical failure in your heater. There should always be a consistent flow of air in every area of your home.
- Poor Air Quality: Part of the heating process is filtration. If you’re seeing excess dust or respiratory issues with your family and friends, you should have your heater inspected soon.
If your heater is struggling to keep you comfortable, you should call for help. By getting repairs early on, you can avoid an emergency heating repair at the most inopportune time.
When Is Replacement Needed?
While heater repairs should always be your first course of action, in some cases it may not be the best one. If your heater is over 15 years old, in need of constant repairs, or simply unable to heating your Palm Desert, CA home, it may be time for a change.
While our heating contractors will always find the most cost-effective solution for you, a new heater can have plenty of benefits, including:
- Stronger airflow
- Longer appliance lifespan
- Lower energy costs
- Improved air quality
- Quieter operation
- Added property value
If you opt for heater installation, our technicians will take the time to find you the ideal unit that works both for your budget and the size of your home. With our personalized solutions, you’ll enjoy quality heating in no time!
Looking to control the humidity in your home? You're in luck, our dehumidifier services will help you control the moisture in your home!
Reliable Heating Repair & Maintenance
One of the best ways to avoid heater repairs and replacements is with ongoing maintenance. Our heating professional will take the time to do a top-to-bottom check of your system and make any repairs as needed. By keeping up with your heating tune-ups and care, you can avoid those major emergencies and extend the lifespan of your system.
At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc, our technicians use the latest tools and technology to keep your heater in the best working order. We believe in long-lasting solutions, not temporary fixes and will go above and beyond to keep you safe and comfortable in your home.