Not all clogs are created equal. Depending on their location and what’s caused them, you may need professional drain cleaning to get the job done. At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc, we’ve cleared all types of shower, sink, and toilet clogs. Our plumbers in Palm Desert, CA will identify the exact location of the clog and clear it through environmentally friendly methods. Not only are our processes safe for your plumbing, but also they’re highly-effective, ensuring that the clog we remove today won’t reform tomorrow!
Is the blockage much deeper in your plumbing system? We also offer sewer line repair and cleaning services for those more complex issues.
What Causes a Clogged Drain?
Clogs come in many forms, and they’re often not the result of just one thing. Here are some of the most common cloggers:
- Soap Scum Buildup: Soap doesn’t drain as easily as you think. Soap can harden with minerals in your pipes and get entangled with hair and other organic material to cause clogs.
- Excess Hair: Hair is one of the most common causes of drain clogs. Strands of hair can easily ball up with soap scum and create large blockages. Add in some soap or shampoo, and that hair can easily stick even further down your drain.
- Food & Grease: Cooking grease sticks to the walls of your drain pipes, effectively narrowing the pathway inside the pipe. Toss last night’s dinner into the mix, and your drain is officially a no flow-zone.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can power through cracked and weakened parts of your drainpipe in search of water and oxygen. Clay pipes are the most prone to tree root invasion.
However, a clog can be caused by almost anything, especially if a foreign object makes its way down the drain. Toys, straws, and utensils are some of the most common culprits. It’s always a good idea to set some rules with your family as to what can go down the drain. With simple changes, you can avoid this common plumbing problem from ever happening.
The Importance of Professional Drain Cleaning
Some drain clogs are too tough for over-the-counter methods. While many enterprising homeowners do their best to integrate DIY solutions into their homes, some issues should be left to the professionals. Store-bought chemicals can damage the pipes in your Palm Desert, CA home, especially if your plumbing system is on the older side.
Similarly, drain cleaning tools like snakes and augers, when used incorrectly, can also harm your plumbing. Instead, let our plumbing contractors help. We use the latest methods to remove blockages, including:
- High-pressure water jetting
- Specialized drain cleaning treatments
- Heavy-duty plungers and declogging equipment
If left unchecked, your home's heating can falter. Reach out to us for heating repair services today!
Call Us Today!
At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc, we have seen it all. Hair clogs, paper clogs, tree root clogs: you name it, we’ve handled it. We promise that we’ll get your drains running smoothly once and keep your plumbing safe in the process. As your leading plumbing contractor in the area, we have over 20 years of proven success.
Our goal is to offer your personalized solutions at affordable rates, keeping your plumbing free-flowing and your home working at its best.