Chances are you’ve heard the phrase: “You never know what you have until it’s gone.” Well, we’d like to think the person who said it first was talking about losing hot water. Because when you have to resort to an ice-cold shower on a frigid winter morning, you’ll never take hot water for granted ever again! At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc, we make sure that’s never a possibility thanks to our top-rated water heater services. Whether your unit is leaking and in need of repairs or you’re looking for a system upgrade, our Palm Desert, CA plumbers can help!
Are you noticing water damage around your unit? We also offer water leak detection services to help protect your home.
Signs You Should Repair Your Water Heater
Just as important as finding a plumbing contractor is, so is knowing when to call them. Outside of running out of hot water completely, there are other symptoms that could indicate you need water heater repairs, including:
- Water Leaks: If there’s water dripping from the bottom of the unit, this is a cause for concern. Because water heaters are always in contact with water, they can deteriorate and start leaking around connections and at the bottom of the tank.
- Inefficient Heating: Does the water take longer than usual to get hot? Often a water heater will struggle to keep consistent temperature when it needs service. This is especially true for older units.
- Rust: Another side effect of being in contact with water? Rust. If there’s a noticeable increase in rust in the water, whether it’s staining your clothes or coming out of your fixtures, you should have your system inspected.
- Noises: Sediment buildup is a major concern for water heaters. If your water quality isn’t the greatest, your unit will feel the effects, and make strange noises like banging or grinding during the water heating process.
Anytime your water heater is acting outside of the norm, you should call for help. What starts off small, like a water heater that takes longer than usual to heat water, can easily turn into an emergency and leave you with no hot water!
When Is a Replacement the Better Option?
While water heater repairs should always be your go-to response to issues, in some instances a replacement may be needed. Consider it if:
- Your unit is over 10 years old
- The system is not large enough for your family size
- It’s deteriorated or damaged internally
- It requires constant repairs
- You’re looking to make an upgrade
There are plenty of positives to replacing your water heater. A newer unit tends to last longer, provide you with improved performance, and lower your energy costs. We also offer tankless water heater installations for those Palm Desert, CA homeowners looking to save even more on energy costs.
Want to avoid inconvenient clogs? Contact us for professional drain cleaning services today!
How a Professional Can Help
If you’re not sure whether or not your unit needs to be repaired or replaced, then call our plumbing experts at Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc. Using our knowledge of water heaters, we can recommend what’s best for you and your home, so you can go down the right path from the start. We can also troubleshoot and diagnose your existing water heater, ensuring that you never have a rude awakening mid-shower without any hot water.
With over 20 years of local expertise, you can count on our plumbing contractors for all your water heater needs.