Regular AC filter replacement is crucial to the health of your cooling system. According to the EPA, your indoor air is 70% more polluted than outdoor air. Regular filter replacement vastly improves your indoor air quality.
Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc provides convenient air conditioner filter replacement services for homeowners throughout Seaside, CA and surrounding areas. We can set you on an automatic schedule so you can leave the service to us while you focus on your priorities.
It’s time for AC filter replacement if…
- You notice a sudden lack of cool air
- Your monthly electricity bill is rising
- You are constantly sneezing from dust and other pollutants in your home
How Often is AC Filter Replacement Needed?
In general, air conditioner filters should be replaced every 6 months in households without pets.
Additional factors to consider:
- If you have pets or smokers in your household, replace your AC filter every 2 months.
- If anyone in your household has allergies, replace your filter every month.
Benefits of Regular Filter Replacement
Proactive filter replacement provides a number of health and energy saving benefits:
- Lower electricity bills
- Extended life of AC unit
- Reduced risk of dust irritation
- Improves indoor air quality
- Less risk of premature unit breakdown
- Helps you avoid frequent repairs