Air conditioning problems can happen unexpectedly. You may wake up one morning to find that the unit is leaking, or you may not be getting the level of cool air you expect. No matter the problem, Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc will get to the bottom of the issue and resolve it. We inspect your system and carry out an accurate diagnosis to present you with the most cost effective solution. As your local Seaside, CA AC repair contractor, we are committed to ensuring your total peace of mind and year-round comfort.
Common AC Problems
There’s nothing worse than turning on your air conditioner when summer hits only to find it’s not keeping you as cool as it used to or won’t work at all. Some common air conditioner problems include:
- One of the more common problems affecting your AC unit is a frozen evaporator coil. When this happens, you will start to notice a decrease in cooling efficiency and perhaps a rise in your energy bill for the month.
- If you notice that some areas of your home seem cooler than others, there may be a problem with the thermostat.
- Refrigerant leaks are also a common issue. This can signal an improperly sized AC unit, or one that was poorly installed. Do not attempt to top off the refrigerant on your own; a professional will need to inspect the unit and repair the leak, then recharge your AC with the correct refrigerant level.
At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs, Inc, our expert technicians are ready and available 24/7 for emergency repairs. Time for an AC tune-up? We recommend annual maintenance check-ups to keep your air conditioner working as it should.
AC Troubleshooting Tips
Air conditioner not working right? Before you call an AC repair technician, there are a few things you can check first. Save yourself the time and hassle by checking these things before you give us a call.
- Check the power - Make sure the switches inside by the air handler and outside by the condenser are switched on. Check the breaker box to make sure the switch which powers your AC is set to the ON position.
- Check the thermostat - If your AC isn’t turning on or if it is blowing hot instead of cool air, the thermostat could be the culprit. Make sure the thermostat has power. Change the batteries if needed. Make sure the thermostat is set to “cool” and try adjusting the settings a few degrees below the current temperature.
- Change the filter - Is your air filter blocked or dirty? If little air is coming from the registers or even if the system isn’t turning on, it could be that the filter just needs to be swapped out for a new one.
Still no luck? We’re here to help. Give us a call and we’ll dispatch a technician to your home as soon as possible to get your AC working properly.
Signs it’s Time to Call a Professional
How do you know when to call your AC contractor for an inspection? Look out for these problem signs:
- Your indoor air feels musty - this may be the result of a lack of cool air
- Pools of water appear under the ducts or near the drain tube
- Certain rooms or areas of the home feel cooler/warmer than others
- Your monthly electricity bill has increased without an explanation
The important thing to keep in mind is if your air conditioner is acting abnormally in any way, don’t wait for the problem to fix itself. Instead, call Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc and ask about our air conditioner repair service to ensure your system is healthy and ready to go when you need it most. As your AC unit ages it may start to require more frequent repairs. We can help you decide if replacing your current unit is the best option.
We recommend at least an annual maintenance check for your AC unit. Regular tune-ups and service keep energy costs low, prevent major problems from developing, and ensure comfort year-round. A healthy AC also means cleaner indoor air for you and your family.
Ask us about our Planned Service Agreements and enjoy member benefits, including priority service!