Are you planning to replace your outdated furnace? Our team will take care of the entire process for you. We will review your furnace options to help you choose the right unit for your Seaside, CA home, install your new furnace properly, and make sure it is working efficiently right from the start.
Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc is committed to ensuring your long term comfort. Every service is tailored to meet your specific heating needs and goals.
Our customers enjoy:
- Fast turnarounds
- No-surprise pricing
- No mess left behind
- 24-hour emergency service
What to Consider When Buying a New Furnace
Does your old furnace need to be replaced? When choosing a furnace, consider the size of your home, furnace location, heating costs, and energy efficiency.
- Properly sized furnace: to determine the proper size, the heat output (measured in BTUs) should match the size of your home.
- AFUE rating: Look at the furnace's AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency). The higher the number the more energy efficient the unit will be.
- Fuel source: Choose between gas, oil, or electric powered forced air furnaces. Heating with gas tends to be between 30-50% cheaper than oil. Electric furnaces are cheaper but cost more to operate and are not as efficient.
- Features: For a furnace to work well for many years, it's worth considering spending extra on a few key features. They include two stage valves to control the flow of fuel, sealed combustion to protect your home from carbon monoxide, and a long warranty for more security.
- Type of filter: It's a good idea to invest in a high-end filter to ensure the best indoor air quality for your home. Good filters include electrostatic filters and the HEPA filter.
No matter what, it's always good to plan ahead. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, you may be left scrambling to install a new one. If you need help selecting a new furnace, our team is here to help you decide on a model that makes sense for your home.
How Big a Furnace Do I Need for My Home?
When Old Man Winter arrives, you need a furnace you can depend on to keep you and your family warm and comfortable all winter long. Getting the proper-sized furnace ensures your entire home remains heated without causing you headaches on your energy bills.
Some people think it makes sense to buy the biggest furnace they can, but if your furnace is too big for your home, it will warm the home too quickly and cause you to become too hot. Also, a furnace that’s too big is less energy efficient, and frequently turns on and shuts off, which shortens its lifespan. A furnace that’s too small won’t be able to keep you warm on the coldest days of the year and running it longer means a shorter lifespan and higher energy bills.
To get the perfect-sized furnace, experts recommend calculating the square footage of your home and then select a furnace with a BTU range for your particular climate. For example, southern parts of the US are considered Zone 1 climate and has a heating factor of 30-35 BTUs which is how many you need to heat a square foot in your home. If you’re confused or still have questions, call us today and let us recommend the best system for your home.
When is Furnace Replacement Required?
Are you debating whether to replace your furnace or just repair it and keep it going for another few years? In general, furnaces that are 15-20 years old and experiencing repeated breakdowns or problems are better off being replaced. A new, more efficient unit will save you on energy costs in the long run.
Other signs that may help you consider replacement:
- Cracked heat exchanger
- Steady rise in energy bills
- Frequent unit breakdowns and repairs
Why Choose Us?
If you’re in the Seaside, CA or surrounding area, finding a reliable furnace installation company doesn’t have to be like looking for a needle in a haystack. At Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc. our primary goal is to make working with us a pleasure. We understand that a bad experience travels quickly, which is why we won’t rest until you’re satisfied with the work we do for you. Call us now and let us help you with whatever problem you’re having and give us a chance to show you how easy and stress-free working with us can be.
New furnaces provide more even and consistent heating, consume up to 30% less fuel, and run more quietly. You can rest easy knowing that your home is being heated efficiently.