Are you looking for a new AC? You want your new system to work reliably for many years to come, but you’re not sure which brand or model to choose. Our team is here to help.
Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc has been serving the AC installation needs of Seaside, CA and surrounding areas since 1999. We are committed to ensuring a safe and accurate installation so you can enjoy the long term comfort you deserve.
Our customers enjoy:
- Clean, quick service
- Professional diagnosis
- Options to fit your budget
- After hours service at no extra cost
What Are the Benefits of Installing a New AC?
After 10 years, it’s a good idea to start shopping for a new air conditioner. Not only will a new AC bring years of cool, comfortable air, you’ll also enjoy improved air quality and lower energy bills.
- Less energy consumption - Modern air conditioners are significantly more energy efficient than older models. Look for an Energy Star certified unit with a SEER rating of at least 15. Some units go up to 22 which can lower your energy consumption even more.
- Improved comfort - Older air conditioners simply don’t have the cooling capacity that newer systems have. Some newer models are even able to vary its operating speed by tiny increments which means you can set your ideal temperature to the T.
- Better indoor air quality - Air conditioners are not only responsible for cooling your home. They also keep your indoor air clean. Indoor air quality technology today can purify your air, provide ventilation, and provide humidity control better than ever.
- Lasts longer - Who wouldn’t want a more durable air conditioner; after all, cooling systems are no small investment. New models are designed to run efficiently for at least 10 years. Many units also come with a weather guard and aluminum coils to resist corrosion and ensure your AC performs at a high level for as long as possible.
It’s clear that now is a better time than ever to replace your AC! If yours is acting up and more than 10 years old, it’s a good idea to shop around for a new one. Need help selecting the right unit to suit your home’s needs? Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating is here to assist. Our expert technicians have years of knowledge and are trained in cutting edge technology. We can recommend energy-efficient options and install the unit to code. Give us a call today to discuss your needs!
What Size Air Conditioner Is Right for Your Home?
While it’s tempting to buy the biggest system you can afford, experts say that’s not the best idea for your home or your wallet, and causes more problems than it solves. An air conditioner that’s too big will make your home too cold too quickly causing them to short cycle which puts stress on the system and shortens its lifespan.
On the other hand, a system that’s too small has to work much harder to keep your home cool which leads to increased energy bills and a shorter lifespan for the system. The best way to get the right sized system for your home is to have a professional assess your home’s square footage and the climate in which you live to calculate the number of BTUs required to do the job efficiently.
We’re Here to Help Every Step of the Way
Your technicians at Chris Wilson will guide you through the entire AC installation process. We’ll review your options and help you choose the right system based on your needs and goals. Then we’ll install it for you, making sure your unit is correctly sized and set up according to code. We will test it out and ensure that everything is working properly.
We take the time to listen to your concerns and provide honest advice. From the first phone call to the last handshake, we are committed to your total home comfort!
Signs You Need an AC Replacement Company
- Your AC unit experiences recurring problems due to old age
- Higher energy bills due to loss of AC efficiency
- A major repair is needed - it may be more cost effective to replace
- The unit is leaking or there is a refrigerant leak due to incorrect unit size
In general, AC units last 12-15 years. After that, you may start to notice frequent problems occurring. If you have an older unit that constantly fails to cool properly, and you’re spending a considerable amount on repairs, it may be time to consider replacing your current AC unit.