Suspect a gas leak in your home? Get fast help when you call Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc. Our experts provide professional gas line leak detection services throughout Seaside, CA and surrounding areas.
Gas leaks are a serious emergency and require immediate attention. Don’t delay in calling for help if you notice signs of a leak.
Watching Out for Gas Leaks
Here are some of the common signs that a gas leak is present:
- Sudden smell of rotten eggs (this is the most obvious sign)
- Concentrated area of dead plants/vegetation in your yard
- Excess condensation appearing on your windows
- Unexplained nausea, dizziness, fatigue, passing out, etc.
- Damaged gas lines
- Unusual hissing or roaring sounds near your gas pipes
- Water or dirt entering the air near the gas source
In the Event of a Gas Leak
- Do not operate any electricity - this could spark a flame
- Do not try to use your cell phone in the house
- Open all doors and windows
- Evacuate your property, but do not start your car
- Call for help at a safe distance from your home, or use a neighbor’s phone
You will need to call your local gas company to report the leak. Our team will inspect your gas pipes and repair the problem. If gas line replacement is recommended, we will let you know.