Burst pipes are considered plumbing emergencies and need immediate professional attention. Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc provides 24-hour emergency burst pipe repair throughout Seaside, CA and surrounding areas. Give us a call for fast service and get your burst pipe problem resolved now!
What Causes Burst Pipes?
- Cold temperatures: This often happens to poorly insulated pipes. Winter temperatures can cause the water inside pipes to freeze and expand to bursting.
- Clogs: Water pressure from major clogs can eventually cause the pipe to burst.
- Aging pipes: Older pipes at risk for corrosion and cracking can eventually lead to full burst pipes.
- Tree root invasion: Tree roots nearby can enter your pipes, clogging them and resulting in burst pipe problems.
- Ground shifting: A shift due to harsh weather conditions can cause pipes to burst.
- Construction: A major construction project may damage pipes and cause them to burst.
Avoiding Burst Pipes
- Insulate pipes during colder weather or use a heat wrap
- Run water at a trickle during colder weather to promote constant flow
- If you notice reduced water pressure call a professional for inspection
- Replace old pipes made from outdated material such as galvanized steel
- Schedule routine drain cleanings to avoid damaging clogs