If it’s time to repipe your home, make sure you work with a contractor that takes the time to assess your needs. Whole home repiping does not have to be a dreaded service. The team at Chris Wilson Plumbing & Heating Repairs Inc is committed to providing the highest quality repiping solutions for homeowners throughout Seaside, CA and surrounding areas. Give us a call now to discuss your needs.
Signs You Need Repiping Services
- Frequent repairs are needed with your existing pipes
- You notice unusual water odor or taste coming from your fixtures
- There is a noticeable decrease in water pressure
- You have outdated pipe material such as galvanized steel
Why do galvanized steel pipes need to be replaced? These pipe materials used to be popular in the 1970s, but now older homes that use them are starting to experience collapsed pipes, heavy corrosion, and other damage. With time galvanized steel pipes will fail and we recommend replacing them with copper or PEX lines.
Benefits of Copper and PEX Pipes
You have a range of choices in pipe materials when you decide to repipe your home. Two of the materials we recommend are copper and PEX. We will review your options with you to help you determine the best material to install in your home.
What to expect with copper pipes:
- Can be used for hot/cold freshwater lines
- Can be used for drain-waste-vent lines
- Lasts 50+ years
- Can be installed without using hazardous chemicals
- Material is recyclable
What to expect with PEX pipes:
- More eco-friendly compared to other plastic pipes
- Requires fewer fittings to install
- Less likely to leak
- Extremely flexible and easy to install
- Resistant to corrosion
- More budget friendly compared to copper